Berlin Cathedral and Television Tower

by 5ocietyx

Berlin Cathedral and TV Tower
©2011-2012 *pingallery

The history of the Cathedral on Berlin’s Spree Island began in 1465, when the St. Erasmus Chapel in the newly built royal palace of Cölln on the Spree was elevated to the stature of collegiate church. The German name for the Cathedral, “Dom”, can be traced back to the term “Domkirche”, which was used for such collegiate churches at that time.

http://www.berlinerdom.de/content/view/39/120/lang,en/

Advertisements